2011年3月5日星期六

Follow Trends or Be Original?

Members Follow Trends. Leaders Inspire Originality. 
Which one do you want to be?

I LOVE BOTH . . . ^^
     Usually, I prefer following trends first and from that experience, do something original. In this way, it makes one’s novelty and uniqueness more influential and powerful.
     One of the world’s most successful technological leaders, “Apple, Inc” follows trends, but at the same time strives to be original. Apple carefully observed the trends of electronic products over the last few decades and from that, built their own electronics. They produced iPods, iPads and MacBooks which were extremely popular and were at the cutting edge of technology. For example, the designing team of the MacBook condensed all the accessories and hardware of a computer into a thin advanced electronic case. When I used it for the first time, I was attracted and amazed by its extra functions compared with other computers, such as a seamless and highly functional operating system. I sincerely admire the incredible originality of Apple and I believe that its marketing method confirms my opinion that following the trend of the world along with one’s originality and innovation should be interweaved. 
     As a Christian, I know that worshipping is a powerful way of encountering the love of God. One of the ways to worship God is to listen to worship songs. Sometimes, I recommend my friends to worship songs but they either consider these songs to be too outdated or too religious. Instead, I now send them rap preaching songs instead of stereotypical worship ones. For example, I recommend them to modern pop preaching songs from one of most famous singers in Hong Kong, Sammi Cheng, whose evangelism song album, "Faith," has become very popular in Hong Kong. By following the popular trend of rap music, Sammi has broken through the religious concept of Christianity and has made God’s kingdom refreshing and fashionable. Sammi Cheng’s album also makes it easier for me to introduce my friends to the love of God through music because her songs can connect with young people.


Sammi is COOL! : ]

没有评论:

发表评论